Launched: Pages and Updates to Doc Navigation

This is great - definitely moving in the right direction to help Coda be just as impressive when used as a “library” as it currently is when used as a “database”.

On that front, it strikes me that one very useful way to build on this would be to allow the creation of tables where each row represents a page object, and the columns represent an attribute such as page title, page link, parent page (lookup), date-time created, date-time last modified, created-by, authors, etc. This could be done similar to how cross-doc tables work (basically, there’s an ‘anchor’ row that’s a lookup to the relevant object, which can the be used to project attributes into other columns), with the ability to add additional user-defined columns.

Why would this be useful? Well, if I want to use Coda as a content library, then I want to be able to manipulate page meta-data in much the same way as any other table data, e.g. to create views of all pages tagged with a particular tag, or all pages by a particular author.

If this is not on the roadmap already, here’s hoping it can be! :grin:

6 Likes