Launched: Pre-filled Form Fields

Pete, I think this is easily doable. Here’s how I would approach that problem:

1. Guests fill out info on form the first time, information flows into table A
  2. Table A has a formula column that generates a link to a form with the row information pre-filled. The formula would use the Concatenate() formula to generate the link with that row’s information.
  3. You can send that link as a form to the guest, which would provide them view of their current information. Guest could update their information as needed and the results from that form would flow into a new row in Table A.
  4. Use duplicate row to highlight duplicates, ideally keyed on email or name.
  5. Create a view of Table A that returns all rows that are the earliest version of the duplicate rows. This returns the first, or the ‘wrong’ guest information.
  6. Create a button that deletes all rows in that table.
  7. Create an automation that runs on some interval and clicks button from Step 6.

Voila! Table A always has the latest guest info, and you have a form that you can send to guests which will let them update information on their own terms.

Sorry to drum up an older post, but I’m following this. I have everything working except the table looking at the dups, how are you determining the earliest version? My main table uses the “Date Created” and “Last Updated” magic fields, but for some reason, those aren’t populated when a form is submitted. It is making me crazy.

1 Like