Locking settings don't seem to work within a canvas

Hello,

I notice that even though I have locking settings set to ‘interact only’, it is still possible to change table settings and formulas if the view is inside of a canvas.

In the first image, we see the table outside of the canvas. The document is locked and the table is behaving as expected, the options for sorts and filter do not appear on hover and the formulas cannot be changed.

In the second image the same table is inside of a canvas. The view options appear on hovering and it is possible to change the formulas even though the document is locked.

I also tested “Read only” and it this case the table settings are completely inaccessible. Let me know if this is intended behaviour or if there is a workaround. thank you!

Hey @MBB! Would you mind reach out to our support team at support@coda.io? I think it would be helpful for you to share your doc with us so we can take a closer look at what you are experiencing and troubleshoot with you. We look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Jen, thank you for your reply, the document is shared.

the steps to reproduce the bug are as follow:

in document settings → locking, ensure the document is in “interact only” mode. In the Canvas test page, notice it is impossible to change the table options or formula (as expected)

click the “open canvas” button and notice it is now possible to modify the table options and formula. for example, one could change the “Name + age” formula to display something different, and that change would carry over to the table on the main page

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.