Marketing request: play (not signed in) THEN edit (signed in)

I’m trying to use coda for marketing and there some things that make this quite hard.

My current challenge is that I want people to be able to interact with the page a little (play) before signing in, because the sign in turns a lot of people away.

But after they play, I want them to be able to sign in and edit this same document (save some of their stats in table for future use). This doesn’t seem to be possible as far as I can tell.

I think the main solution is the use forms for the play part and then set to edit for people who are signed in. But forms have serious downsides IMO compared to non-forms.

Otherwise I think I would have to create 2 documents: 1 for playing and 1 for editing, which would also be not ideal, especially as they would probably have to re-input the data all over again (for a calculator).

Edit: realizing forms can’t actually be submitted in play mode, so that’s also not option.

Hey @Peter_Griffin,

Thank you for your post and for the feedback. We have logged this with our Feature Request team and have assigned your email to it as well so that you will be notified should the status change! I think the best option would be to have the doc in play mode and then they can sign up and use the doc for their own use, to your point, not idea, but that’s the best supported pathway we have currently!

I hope you have a great rest of your week.

All my best,
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.