Merge/join two tables

Hello.
I have two tables. One listing transactions from one bank account and another one listing credit card transactions.
Now I want to build a master view that shows all transactions in a single table.

Is this possible?
Thank you very much.

2 Likes

I do not know if there is a way to automatically merge the data but you could certainly add a column in each table tor transaction type (Bank or Credit card). Then use copy/paste to transfer all of the data into one combined table.

Once combined into one table, you can use the Grouping feature to choose which transactions to view:

4 Likes

Hi, @Richard_Kaplan.

Thanks for your help. It is not what I was looking for but the end result is quite the same so I followed your suggestion.

Have a nice weekend.

Hi,

Did any one manage to find a better solution than copy/paste? Tackled the same issue in my project and I am looking for something more automated due to workflow needs.

Tried couple of approaches, the closest one is ListCombine() and Slice() with RowID(thisRow), but it kills all the relational benefits of Lookup columns, so fingers crossed.

@Jaroslaw_Stefanski were you able make it work? I have the same use case and not sure what the best way to approach it

I’m looking for a way to do this, trying to merge the data of two tables on a single calendar view.
But, thinking it through, maybe it is better to have a single table on first place, to show off all the data, and a single view for each of the filtered data on different pages.

I’m going this way. Does it sound like reasonable to anyone?

Hello @hugo_assuncao!
Here I leave a post of someone that wanted to do the same, It was suggested to use the Google Calendar Pack but if you want to keep it in coda I made an example of how you could accomplish it by keeping your tables separate but adding a third table for the start and end dates. I hope it helps!

HI Hugo,

I find that people are too eager to split their tables apart. I work in SAP S/4 HANA, and their solution for the financial transaction information for the largest companies in the world, is contained in ONE single table.

The rest is “just” filters and views. (Yeah, slight oversimplified, but still one table. Incidentally called ACDOCA, in case you were wondering.)

I have built a CODA app that stores all my to-do lists, from “do-this-tomorrow” through birthdays, reading lists, grocery lists to small projects. Everything in a single table.

1 Like

I agree with you. It looks like the simplest solution works best for most cases (much like in the Occam Razor Principle).

I already did a single table and split that out in as much views as needed - simple works!

2 Likes