I’ve been watching CODA for over a year. WAY COOL for organizing the interdependent chaos of text+cells+hierarchy.
I’m in deep with task/workflow/project management systems as a power user for myself and consultant for clients. There have been NUMEROUS new apps and tools coming out in the past 3 years and it’s hard to keep up with. CODA is def one-of-a-kind. I’ve watched videos and played with it for many hours now and I think I “get” a lot of it. Even so, to save time I have some features/usability/ease-of-use questions I’d prefer to throw to the community.
- Forms? I have many intake forms (embeddable w a custom URL) for clients and staff to input info that goes into our sheets. Is this there now or coming soon? From what I can tell, seems like we have to do a Zap?
- Parent/child tasks? I saw that this can be in a text list with like a heading and the text can fold under it - but what about in a table/grid format? It’d seem easy to allow a row to just drag and indent.
- Easy foldable row groups? like in GSheets or Excel? Or hierarchy like in SmartSheet? I saw one post on a solution but doesn’t seem built-in.
- Comments per row or item or per cell? I love how GSheets has comments and notes on any selection or cell.
- Customizable font size and margins? CODA is elegant but bulky. I’d prefer the option of more compact margins when I need to fit more data in. It only seems to have small/large for font and no margin options.
- Robust Gantt? I saw some Gannt tuts here but it doesn’t seem very robust. Thoughts?
- Drag Gantt range? Can you drag the Gannt range on the grid to change dates? That’s a nice feature in SmartSheet and ClickUp? Or do you need to type them in?
- Multiple relatable dates? In some of my SmartSheets I have four date references: start date, due date, workrange start, workrange end. I use the start/due as hard dates and the workrange start/end for the Gantt. Think I can do that here?
- Attachments? Only seems like we can do links? That seems like a core features in these kinds of apps today. Am missing it?
- Reports? It seems this is doable with the CrossDoc feature? Can I make diff report types for clients? I can now make a project URL for the client that is either only-view, comment or edit per sheet or report.
- CrossDoc - is that two-way sync?
- Dashboards? Seems like we could create anything we want because data can now be searched in your entire CODA account? Right?
- How robust are the formula choices? Seems usable (but works a little differently than the last 30+ years.)
- Embed a doc (or section of a doc) in a webpage (iFrame?) or another app?
BIG THANKS to all those who tackle these Qs!