Multiple Actions Upon Button Click

I currently have a button that I would like to perform three separate actions:

When Clicked --> Add Row --> Enter Current Date --> Change Status of “Correct” Checkbox to “True”

Here is what I have so far: AddRow([Progress Data], [Progress Data].Date,Today())

I’ve gotten the formula correct for up to entering the date. I just don’t know how to change the status of the checkbox in that last row to “True”. I read something about RunActions(AddRow(…)) and how that might work, but can’t figure it out? Can anyone assist? Thanks!

Chad

Hi @Chad_Oglesbay,

You do not need a RunActions function.
This can be accomplished with AddRow([Progress Data], [Progress Data].Date, Today(), [Progress Data].Correct, “true”).

Let me know if that works as you intended.

Thank you @Joshua_Upton. I was able to make that work when I put True(), instead of “true”. Here is my final formula, for now:

AddRow([Progress Data], [Progress Data].**Date, Today(), [Progress Data].Correct, True(),[Progress Data].Word,[Current Word_List_All],[Progress Data].[Week Of],[Week of_All])

So THAT works, but I would now like to see if I could have it “Go to the next card”. This document is a flashcard example and when they click the “Correct” button it would go to the next word in the list. So it would do all the above stuff to track the data and then go to the next word. Right now I have a “next” button that works using this formula:

if(Word<[Number of Words_All],Word+1,[Number of Words_All])

But not sure how to add that in. Thoughts?

Here is a link to the current file for those interested. The formula in question is on the “Correct” button on the “Flash Cards - All” section.

The correct formula from what I am seeing is this:

RunActions(AddRow([Progress Data], [Progress Data].Date, Today(), [Progress Data].Correct, True(),[Progress Data].Word,[Current Word_List_All],[Progress Data].[Week Of],[Week of_All]),if([Previous/Next All].Word<[Number of Words_All], [Previous/Next All].Next, _noop()))

Let me know if that works.

@Joshua_Upton Yep, that works! I modified the “else” at the end though because when it get’s to be the last “card”, I want it to go to a specific page that says “You’re Done.” I have used that for buttons and it works, glad to see it works in the formula as well!

RunActions(AddRow([Progress Data], [Progress Data].Date, Today(), [Progress Data].Correct, True(),[Progress Data].Word,[Current Word_List_All],[Progress Data].[Week Of],[Week of_All]),if([Previous/Next All].Word<[Number of Words_All], [Previous/Next All].Next, OpenWindow(“https://coda.io/d/2nd-Grade-Spelling-Words_dOVkreZlHwG/Start-Over_suyVV#_luO1R”)))

@Chad_Oglesbay, Right on! This looks like a fun way to interact with the kids.

Good luck :smiley: