Now testing: Quick nav makes it easy to find the doc you need, from the doc you’re in

Lets Go GIF - Lets Go Gif GIFs

Amazing ! Something I have noticed is when I have quick nav open the notification count around my profile pic disappears. Hiding quick nav shows the notification count again.

One small request as well. It would be great if I have the folders open in quick nav and hit the shortcut it just closes all of it rather than clicking the X button then doing the shortcut.

Also if you do this flow Open a folder → press the x button → do shortcut it doesnt work. You have to click back on the page in order to be able re-enable the shortcut capability.

Could I get a shortcut to open the folders section as well? :wink:

Thanks so much for the update ! :heart:

The idea of the quick nav bar is great, but I don’t like the implementation because it wastes way to much space. In my opinion use the navigation bar that is there for the pages/subpages inside the doc and add the docs and folders as an additional hierarchy. Your idea with all docs, folders or favorites as the top level is really nice. According to my suggestion above: If Folders are selected show the hierarchy as folder–>doc–>page–>subpage, … .
If docs are selected, show everything in the same way but without the folder structure.
If favorietes are selected show all docs with a star as the top level structure.
Show the text and the icons of the folders and docs in the same size as now the pages. That dose not waste so much space.
This structure would not only save space. It would also make navigation faster because now there are “long ways” traveling with the mouse. For example looking through folders - whats inside: Click to a folder to open and see the documents. Then go to “back” at the top of the nav bar. Then go down again to the next folder to open, …
With my suggestion: Click the arrow, that is showen in front of the folder. The structure expands and showes the docs, that are in the folder. Without moving the mouse click again and close that folders structure. Go one row down and do click, click, … .
That iis much faster and easier I think

2 Likes

Love this idea also @Harry_Roper - this quick nav quickly made me realize how unorganized my docs are :sweat_smile: :joy: