Object Puzzle: List -> BulletList -> List

Here’s the goal…

Is it possible to go from a List() of objects, to a BulletedList() of objects, back to the original list of objects?

I’m not looking for a work around… that’s easy, just trying to figure out if the above is possible. Example:

List(): {
[1] [2] [3] [4]
}

List().BL(): {

}

List().BL().List(): {

• [1]
  • [2]
  • [3]
  • [4]
    }

See the difference?

Thanks!!

1 Like

In other words…

How can you start at a bullet list and then remove the bullet list?

Not exactly going back to objects, but here’s how you can get scalar values back out of bulleted list

List("apple", "banana", "cherry").BulletedList().ToText().RegexReplace("\n", ",").Split(",") would give you a list with [apple,banana, cherry] - i.e a list with 3 different values

Thanks, but losing the object defeats the purpose. It retains the object in bulletlist form. Would be nice to be able to revert back.

@Shaun_McLean can you please help me understand your use case - I would think if you have a way to generate a bulletedList - original source is available to get objects from?

This is somewhat hacky, but I think it will work:
Data.Split(Character(10)).FormulaMap(CurrentValue.Concatenate(" "))

2 Likes

Very Cool!

Getting closer…

Appreciate it but not much point going into the use case. As I was saying earlier, the workaround is pretty easy. It’s just something I found a little puzzling. There are benefits to be able to go to to and from a bullet list.

Personally, I prefer my lists to always be bullets because they’re easier on the eye. However, I’m unable to iterate through the objects the same way. If I were able to easily migrate to and from, then I wouldn’t have to worry about helper columns (or repopulating the formula).