Omnicodoro – Building a Complex App in Coda

@Lloyd_Montgomery I too congratulate you on this! I have not had a chance to dive into it much yet, but I think you are getting at using Coda as a central hub, Single Source of Truth and other ways this is described, trying to accomplish this is my main fascination with Coda.

Very intrigued by your assertion that the next 2 yrs need to bring things like native apps, full-on first class notifications (I just posted a suggestion on notifications here: "Assigned" comments, more structure around resolving), and UX, the last being a big point of anticipation for me as I’d like to see Coda more accessible to non-makers who may equate Coda with more like using a spreadsheet, and not a more “click” program management app like Trello, Asana, etc. that they can just “dive” into.

I too thank you for creating this, and looking forward to checking it out soon!

1 Like

Hi! This is such a beast of a doc! Thank you for making it!

I am not able to copy the doc. It seems to be “view only”. Is it possible to get it changed to copyable?

Best,
Shiraaz

@Lloyd_Montgomery

Such an amazing body of work, it is taking me a while to grok it all.
Very impressive.

A tiny simple question (amazing the little things you latch onto in the face of such monumental greatness) - in your video the BUTTONS are all rectangular with rounded corners (like the old-old-coda ones) - how are you doing this? - i suspect some CSS trickery going on via a Chrome extension? Care to share the trick?

Meantime - i will study this wonderful document in greater detail over the coming days.
I am learning a lot in the process.

Max

UPDATE:

hmmmm. i see the video is using the old coda ui - so it was made some time ago?
that would explain the rectangular buttons - yes?