Pack requests -Things I use that I desperately want to integrate with Coda 🤣

Hellos :smiley: I think the beauty of coda will be to bring together all the other bits and pieces of info we have all over the nets and allow us to display it in a single place in a word doc type format. Coda canvas is like a live, internet connected piece of paper! Oh! Can you start on that next? k, thanks, ta!

• Todoist (better task management structure for getting on with it)
  • Google Drive (direct embed or list files)
  • Embed google calendar instead of native (better live integration)
  • Toggl (time sheet & reporting)
  • Facebook (for social media management)
  • Creative cloud (social media/ graphic assets)
  • Grammarly (to keep away the grammar trolls)
6 Likes

Hey Kimberly, I’m part of the team working on new Packs :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestions. Would love to know more detail about how you want to use these. Feel free to DM me or share more here in the community. Especially any examples of your current process and where you’d love to be using Coda for it instead.

1 Like

Just to pin a few more ideal future packs:

• Office 365 integration (Sharepoint, onedrive, outlook, To-Do, etc)
  • Quickbooks (add line item when quote is made, autofill invoice #s, etc.)
  • Clearbit (find people and contact info)
  • Microsoft Teams (notifications, automatic meeting creation, etc.)
8 Likes

Hi @Glenn_Jaume :wave:

New thoughts on integrations:

• Xero - for reporting inside coda.

Ok so, I’ve found myself using coda for a few different things but it’s mainly for business that I think it shines for me. I’ve been really struggling with getting a coherent overall view of my business. I’ve tried many tools, like task management and project management software, reporting software. And I’ve tried almost all of them :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m looking to use coda to give me the high level view that I need for planning business objectives by pulling all my data into one place that will allow me to see the big picture, decide what I want to do with my big picture and then, well, get on with doing it! Sounds simples, ay?

So to set this up I’ve created a Live business plan that follows the standard format but allows me to:

1. Pull data from other sources to be included visually (ie, graphs etc)
  2. Give me an overview of each sections progress
  3. Allow me to plan my projects and create and schedule tasks.

Essentially, I see:

• Finance - pulling data from Xero
  • Marketing - pulling data from a social management/ reporting tool or coda replicating it (which I think I can do relatively easily)
  • Sales - pulling data from shopify, stripe, paypal, ebay, amazon, facebook etc.
  • Brief overview/ Project management - This will be where I plan projects and create associated tasks. While coda can handle task management, it’s just not as effective as Todoist in many ways.

These are the obvious sections. I’m still working on what I need to include elsewhere.

Can I give you access to a doc so you can see what I’m yammering about?

Oh and I’ve starting using it to auto-generate my shopping list cause I am defo that short on time! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@Glenn_Jaume in addition to Kimberley’s comment:

and your comment:

please consider building out packs for other G Suite apps including (but not limited to):

• Gmail (convert coda doc section into a PDF & attach PDF to email)
  • Google Hangouts Chat (drop text/images from Coda into a Room or existing thread inside a room)
  • Google Hangouts Meet (auto-generate URL & add to Google Calendar events)
  • Google Docs (generate file, re-name file, & attach file to Google Calendar events)
  • Google Drive (re-name new files added to folder & add file metadata & move to different folder & record in Coda)
  • Google Tasks (add Google calendar events to Task list, including description/sub-tasks & record completed Google Tasks in coda)
  • Google Contacts (two-way field syncing)
  • new Google Voice (please add as alternative to Twilio)
  • Google Forms (import submissions into Coda)

Bonus points if the Coda team can convince the GSuite team to include Coda in whatever this :point_down: is

source: Ways to track new releases - Google Workspace Admin Help

@Glenn_Jaume Should this discussion be merged with this one to ensure that these Packs requests are centralized?

If not, I’ll take this opportunity to list mine:

1. A “Coda Pack” pack (to exchange data between separate Coda documents)
  2. Todoist
  3. Toggl
  4. Google Drive
  5. Strava
1 Like

+1 to Google Tasks.

In addition - convert table to CSV and attach CSV to email (for daily/weekly/monthly backup of important data such as inventory, chargeable-work log, etc)

2 Likes

+1 user +1 year and no news on an easy way to export to csv. It’s basic!

2 Likes

This seems to be the official place Coda is looking for Pack advice:

3 Likes

Already voted, not sure if maken things so different compete is clever, we’re talking about exporting tables.

1 Like

Of course there is no guarantee that the pack with the most votes will make it, but at least it gives the decision makers a good indication what the “makers” are looking for.

Alternatives like Zapier and scripts like @Al_Chen_Coda has made might for the time being also a solution.

1 Like

I’m already relying on Zapier for several things but couldn’t find any way to easily download entire tables/views, searched heavily here. Which scripts/workflows are you talking about?

Again, this should not be treated as a pack, its a basic straightforward feature to access information generated within the document/app.

2 Likes

I have in mind this guide from @Al_Chen_Coda

And when it’s in Gsheets you can export to *.csv format

6 Likes

This is really helpfull, gonna try it. Can’t imagine why don’t mount the exact thing in an action, call it pack or not.

Thank you a lot.

2 Likes

Thank you for the link but, damn, is it a complex process! I’d rather wait for a proper GSheet pack to be developed. Having to repeat this for every table is too much for me right now.

Also, I think it wouldn’t work for my Coda apps because I need to export CSVs of different views of the same parent table (often 2 or 3 views per table).
So really a GSheet pack would probably not work as well as copy pasting the data to a sheet and exporting a CSV.

1 Like

Dear @Michael_RnW

I encourage you to use the voting option in the below tool

New way to request packs

3 Likes

Thank you already done that!
Anyone visiting this thread, do also vote!

2 Likes

I have good news around Toggl :tada:

I am working on a Toggl Track Pack where you will be able to start and stop your timer, view your time entries and run reports :wink:.

If you are interested in having access during the Beta please share your Coda email address by private message and I will share the Pack with you :raised_hands:

4 Likes

The waiting is over for the Toggl Track Pack :raised_hands:

3 Likes