Picture formatting on mobile

We are trying to find the best setup to show image headers properly here
https://coda.io/@thomaschulz/cmpl

On desktop all looks good, only on mobile the option on “Section 4” adding a formula with Image() works fine.

Any hints how the column needs to be formatted?

Are you wanting to show an image header for the page or are you looking to show images full width for each row of a table?

The options for a full page header are above the section title if you hover there on desktop, you’ll see an “Options” button to click.

For a table, on desktop, you can change the table to a card layout, then use the card layout settings to choose the image URL column and set the image to be “top”. Then you can change it back to a table, and it should stay for mobile.

1 Like

This is still a really big problem. Currently, if you select one of the nicely formatted modal layouts, for instance, to display a blog post from a list, you’ll see a nice, full-width hero image on the desktop view. However, on mobile, it will be tiny! Not at all intuitive. For now, I’ve implemented a workaround by using the hidden formula below to expose the image url and set height and width properties via the image( ) function.

_Deref_Object(_Merge(thisRow.[Image upload]), "publicUrl")

Clearly, though, this isn’t ideal, since I’m coloring outside the lines. Please implement a native fix for this! :pray: Or, if there’s already one and I’m just overlooking, please assist. Thanks so much, @BenLee

Thanks for posting @TSStrickand1. I’ve passed this along to the team as it might be a bug. Not sure when we’ll be able to get some attention to it, but it’s logged in our internal tracker now.

1 Like

Wonderful! Thanks so much.

Nice trick.
Thank you.

1 Like

Glad to hear that it helped! I actually picked up that tip from someone else here on the forum. Will hat tip to them if I can find that thread again.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.