Ping @channel with Slack integration

I have a lovely Coda automation that sends a message to my Slack channel when we are missing a certain inventory item. I love it.

There are two things I would like to be able to do:

1. Send the message from a coda bot rather than my own account (I am the one intending to receive the message after all).
  2. Ping @channel (or @individual) when I post. Right now, it does not allow the channel to be pinged (the text ‘@channel’ goes through, it just doesn’t activate the notification for some reason).
  1. For our teams we created an account called slackbot that we use (added it to the channel and use it in automation)
  2. Need to dig into 2. I have one setup daily and I think it notifies those @mentioned. Will try @here and see how that goes.
1 Like

Just saw this new template - with notifications! Take a look and see if it helps ( cause I’ll get to notification debugging later today … )

Ah I see, I’m not trying to message someone directly, I’m trying to @ someone inside another channel. So this solution:
Won’t work, because the channel option is used by the slack handle (which is already taken by my #inventory channel name).

Would love some ideas on how to get around this.

Could really use this @mention ability as well. Any word on this?

Any fix on this? Trying to use the Slack pack and not getting @mention working either.

@Sean_Kennedy - @ mentions work for me

I user @

Can you share a little more about what you are trying?

I was having an issue with users that have periods in their handle, it wouldn’t mention properly.

Did some digging and figured out that you can @ their Slack User ID

So something like:

Concatenate("👋 Hi @", thisRow.[Slack ID], ", just a reminder that it's your day to give us updates on: `",thisRow.[Update Type], "` !")

You can find the user’s Slack ID by going to their profile and hitting the kebab menu to Copy member ID

For a small team, it’s no problem, but really wish the Slack pack would provide a translation layer for easier automations!

1 Like

@mallika Hi!
Automation bot returns False in step “If” formula:
“[table name].Filter(thisrow.Birthday = Today()).Count>0”

It doesn’t work because the birthday column contains a true birth year, if you put the current year, the bot works.

How do make the bot respond only to the date, not looking at the year of birth?