Ping @channel with Slack integration

I have a lovely Coda automation that sends a message to my Slack channel when we are missing a certain inventory item. I love it.

There are two things I would like to be able to do:

1. Send the message from a coda bot rather than my own account (I am the one intending to receive the message after all).
  2. Ping @channel (or @individual) when I post. Right now, it does not allow the channel to be pinged (the text ‘@channel’ goes through, it just doesn’t activate the notification for some reason).
0 Likes

1. For our teams we created an account called slackbot that we use (added it to the channel and use it in automation)
  2. Need to dig into 2. I have one setup daily and I think it notifies those @mentioned. Will try @here and see how that goes.
1 Like

Just saw this new template - with notifications! Take a look and see if it helps ( cause I’ll get to notification debugging later today … )

0 Likes

Ah I see, I’m not trying to message someone directly, I’m trying to @ someone inside another channel. So this solution:
Won’t work, because the channel option is used by the slack handle (which is already taken by my #inventory channel name).

Would love some ideas on how to get around this.

0 Likes

Could really use this @mention ability as well. Any word on this?

0 Likes