Hey there coda community,
I found coda a month or so ago and felt it could be a great platform to move my “freelance activity tracker” to. Originally I developed it in Google sheets. It works there but requires some manual labour. I am hoping to get it fully automated in coda and so far it’s working nicely.
The core of my system is not very complicated. I have a “Time Input” table where I input how many hours I’ve worked on a project/job each day.
From there two main things need to happen:
- -work hours for each project are automatically added together so I can easily see the total hours I’ve worked on a particular job.
- -work hours for each month are automatically added together
I was able to hack around and get the features working. But I am not much of coder so I am not sure when something will break
So I thought I’d see if an experienced coda user could take a look and let me know if I’m doing things the right way.
The main things I would like to check are
- -The formula in Projects 2019 > Active Time
- -The formula in Monthly Activity > Total Time
- -In Monthly Activity > Month I would like to generate the month names automatically. My approach is a bit hacky (like many things I do). What’s a better way to do this?
- -under Time Input I am going to have potentially hundred of entries (a couple of inputs daily). Would that be a problem?
There are other features I’d like to add but those are really the core ones. Cheers!