Publishing a document (quota limit for free accounts)

I’m trying to publish my first document, so anyone with the link can see it. When I hit publish, it shows the following error:

You’ve reached the daily limit for doc shares. Please contact support to request additional quota.

It’s the first time I’m sharing or publishing anything in Coda, so I can’t be over any daily limit (unless that limit is zero).

I’m using a free account. I don’t know if free accounts are not allowed to publish documents, it’s a bug or I’m missing something.

3 Likes

Dear @Miguel_Angel_Garcia , welcome to the community :handshake:

I suggest to reach out to the Codans, through Intercom the “?” At the bottom of your page and request their support.

I am sure they will be able to assist you

Clicking on the “?” brings me to this community, not to Intercom.

Dear @Miguel_Angel_Garcia ,

Alternative is to write to support@coda.io and share the details of the doc you want to publish.

Clicking on the (?), not working.

Same issue; 1st article / doc and I’m already getting the “daily limit exceeded” error —It sucks that you guys don’t communicate this upfront (before you sign up, build something and try to see how embeds work).

Evaluating it for use as our company’s public roadmap tool, but I can’t embed anything. What a waste of time.

I messaged their support team using the chat bot, but they’ll be back “later in the day” with no indication of when (or what region their support is based in). There’s also no mention on the help center that I could find.

Did anyone figure this out? Any help would be appreciated ASAP — I’m on a tight deadline for building an MVP of the roadmap to show our management.

1 Like

Same problem here, luckily i dont have pressing timelines but its really annoying that there is no information about this limitation anywhere…

@anon22650586 have you received any feedback from support?

I pinged support on this error and got a lovely response from a customer champion: “It sounds like you’ve run into one of our abuse prevention mechanism. Sorry about that - it can be a bit overzealous! I can override that for you.”

@Sarah_Halley’s response is correct.

This automated message is displayed when we detect a free account sharing a doc. If you are encountering this message, you may write directly to support@coda.io with a link to your doc that you’re attempting to share. Our team will review and lift this limitation once we verify your published doc is safe. You won’t have to do this for every doc, but it’s just a safety check to ensure that sharing is not abused.

That said, the feedback to clean up this wording to be clearer has been sent to the team. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.