Question on Creating a Life Management System

Hello all!

I am fairly certain there is a simple and straightforward answer to my question but I have been searching through videos and forum posts for a few hours with no luck.

I own a small business and want to create a task/project management system that can be used to manage all areas of my life both personal and professional.

The way I currently have Coda set up is with two folders:

The first folder contains all employee facing docs, a company wiki, some tools that they use, etc.

The second is my personal folder that is subdivided into a business and a home/family doc.

Should I create one central database table in the employee facing folder and then use a filter to block them from seeing my personal info or should I create two separate database tables, one in their folder and one in my personal folder and then use Cross-Doc to move info back and forth?

I think option one would be far more elegant but I’m unsure how to restrict the employee access to my personal information. I’m currently on the Pro plan, do I need to upgrade to the Team plan to get access to these tools?

Any information you can provide is much appreciated!

Hello,

When you have a team plan, you have indeed additional control options.

You can also hide the pages you don’t want to show to your employees. Regarding the tables to create, you can use Cross Doc as you mentioned and add them in your private page to avoid any confusion.
In any case, this is how I would build my workspaces.

For example, I have imported into my personal space the result of a form that is in another folder and it works without any problem.

Sincerely,

Thierry

chrome_3offe23riX

1 Like

Thanks so much for your response @Thierryvm!

So, is this something that I could do with my current Pro plan and it would just be easier to do with the Team plan?

Or is this something where I would need the Team plan to access these features?

1 Like

For me, if you separate the files well and use Cross Doc to manage from your private space, the pro plan should be enough but you will not benefit from the additional controls.

However, I am not an expert so there are surely other solutions and a better answer :slight_smile:

Sincerely,

Thierry

1 Like

Thanks again @Thierryvm!

From what I can gather, using Cross Doc with the Pro plan I would have to manually sync the two docs and with the Team plan it would automatically sync.

Is that correct?

1 Like

At the moment being in team version, I can’t say that there is a difference between the two plans for the table synchronization part.

But, I think it must be identical and to know what are the exact differences, I recommend you to go to => Coda | Everything evolves, the evolution of documents. to be sure to make the right choice.

Sincerely,

Thierry

chrome_PXGNwwWjeK

chrome_T0f730Es6P

1 Like

Perfect! I think I will try out the Team level just to see what the added benefits are.

If anybody else has tips for how to make this work smoothly and efficiently I would love to have your input as well.

1 Like

I hope I’ve helped you and don’t hesitate to ask more questions if needed :slight_smile:

Sincerely,

Thierry

1 Like

Little tip, you can create a referral link here => PartnerStack

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.