There’s a known limitation in Coda that row references can only work in sync tables, so when a formula returns an updated row, any row reference fields become broken, and that breaks any filters that rely on that field (related issue and documentation).
I found a way to deal with this, but wondering if there’s a better approach.
Currently, I found that there’s a way to get the id from the reference field by doing
ParseJSON. The challenge is that it returns an error for when it encounters a non-JSON input. So, I have another field that gets the id through a reference - this one errors out when it’s not a reference. Then a third field merges both with
SwitchIf, and finally contains the id. Then finally, the last field is the actual object I want to reference, but found with
Filter(...) that matched by an id.