Request for Callout boxes / Alert Messages

Hi! I am in love with Coda, and I just decided migrate our company wiki from Confluence to here

I just realized the only way to make a callout or give an alert message is with highlights, but, in matter of design it doesn’t feel completely right… There is a lot of platforms that use alert boxes with differents colors and icons to show some relevant info, alerts, and more.

This is how the highlighted text looks right now

And this is how it could look with the option to create an alert box

It would be awesome to make a custom box with a selectable icons (the same library you guys use everywhere) and selectable color for the box, it would be a lot better than the other predesigned boxes in other platforms.
coda03

5 Likes

Good idea!
As now i manage notification with the Notify() formula and dynamic formulas on canvas, but a built-in box like that would be super cool!
An awesome addition to Apps made in coda :heart:

1 Like

While not really an alert box, you can simulate it with a “thin” 2-column table where the first column would host an icon from this library, copied like shown here, and conditional formatting with formula true to color the only row with whatever color you can choose.

Agree with the request though. This workaround is simply for your convenience meanwhile.

4 Likes

OMG, @Paul_Danyliuk Thank you for this idea! Will be really helpful meanwhile