Resize charts in a doc

How do you set the size of a chart in a document? They seem crazy big all the time

12 Likes

It really depends… let’s say they are not responsive at all :frowning:
For example I have a flat huge screen and they are very very small compared to the available area:

plus, if I go fullscreen, they are cut :frowning: :

Ideally we should have:

1. Charts and objects should be responsive and should adopt to the available area
  2. Optionally they should be manually resizable based on the user preferences
5 Likes

I agree with Francesco. A simple way to resize charts would be great.

1 Like

I would like to add my voice to the list as well. Without the feature, it’s very hard to create a ‘document.’ We can’t move the charts and tables around as we might expect. so building a digestible report to export or dashboard with many charts becomes tough.

2 Likes

Second this feature. A simple way to resize charts would be a game-changer to help create easily consumable dashboards.

2 Likes

I saw a similar request in another thread where @mallika mentioned that this was on their roadmap.
I hope that this gets released soon as like others have mentioned, resizable charts will open up so many more dashboard type use-cases, that utilize the already great charts function.

@Ajay_John, @Justin_VanDervort, and @Praneet_Bhave,
Not sure you’ve seen or whether it would be helpful in your specific case, but here’s one trick to make more easily consumable chart layouts:

1 Like

Yes, I do use this fantastic trick in multiple places currently. Thank you for sharing it!
However, I still wish Coda had a more elegant way to handle this, especially considering that the graphs do resize and fit themselves quite well when viewed on a mobile device.

1 Like

I’d like to voice my request for better handling of sizing of charts in a doc.

In addition to what has been mentioned here, I’m fighting with making a chart look good from within the mobile view.

In my example I have a horizontal bar chart with stacked segments for each attribute value for the Vertical Axis.

On a mobile view, iPhone in particular, some of the labels on the vertical axis are not shown because the view is squished too much to accommodate them.

In this situation I would expect the size of the chart to grow vertically to properly accommodate a growing vertical axis.

In trying to play around with this, I was looking for ways to remove or manipulate some of the features of the chart, e.g. removing the label on the whole vertical axis (not the individual labels - just the column name that is representing the vertical axis), or repositioning / reformatting the legend, etc. These are some common ways to customize the look of a chart in something like Sheets or Excel. Having these features may give some extra levers to pull to customize how a chart looks when you’re under screen size constraints.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve just started using Coda charts for the first time. They look great and they’re easy to set up, but I 100% agree with the comments above. Being able to resize charts would be a huge improvement.

1 Like

+1

I’d love this feature too!

This could be a new option in charts. If completely flexible resizing is complicated, it could probably just be selecting among “small” / “normal” / “large” instead.

Adding another +1. This make me want to export the data somewhere else for the chart right now =(

1 Like

+1 for resizable charts…frustrating given it’s functionality I intuitively expect when creating charts