Safari: Glitches and missing features

In Chrome, search works great using the Ctrl-F or Cmd-F shortcut, but search does not seem to work at all in Safari. This is a crucial feature for larger tables.

This is the only issue I have had so far using Coda in Safari, so I really commend the team on Coda’s Safari support!

Hi @Todd_Olson

The way our Command+F works right now isn’t perfect. On a long section, it unfortunately only searches in the part that’s near the window you are currently looking at.

Upon testing here, it looks like Command+F has the same issue on Chrome as it does on Safari. Are you able to narrow down the issue to just Safari on a specific doc but get the same thing to work on Chrome? Most likely, this is something we would need to look at holistically but would love to know if it’s a Safari-only issue.

Until then, you could use the in-doc search but that’s not the same thing of course. If you are looking to search for something within a table, you might be able to do some of those things using Filtering or Interactive Controls too.

Sorry about the inconvenience!
Angad

Upon a more careful look, it does appear that native search is limited in both browsers, Safari and Chrome. In Chrome, for the hits that are found, the function allowing the user to move from one hit to the next seems to work, whereas it does not for me in Safari.

I am not sure what “in-doc search” is. Could you please explain?

Here’s a screenshot for in-doc search. It doesn’t quite search all text, but it’s pretty useful for a good number of things…

Wow, I can’t believe I didn’t see that search box. I think I’m very conditioned to looking for search in the top right of the screen. Thank you for enlightening me.

1 Like