Safari hang, 100% CPU

Hi all, I’m evaluating Coda for my company. I imported some markdown and created a Wiki page. When using Safari (v16.4, macOS 13.3.1, M1 Max) thing freeze after browsing around a little bit, and one CPU gets pegged at 100%. I’m not doing anything intense, just clicking on a few pages that are mostly text with an image here and there. I disabled all Safari extensions. Chrome seems to work fine and I don’t have that issue. Same with Safari on the iPhone and the mobile app. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This also happens on my iPad. I downloaded the Safari Tech Preview on my Mac and that doesn’t have this issue.

Hey @Bryan_Keller, thanks for reporting this. There are a few known bugs with some actions in Safari, specifically related to image url columns. Are any of the columns you’re working with when this happens image url types?

1 Like

It seems related if I understand you right. A few of the markdown docs I imported had images and navigating to those causes this hang. The docs w/out any images don’t cause it as far as I can tell. Google Docs with imported images seem OK as well.

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out to let us know about this issue. This is related to a known bug the Coda team has identified. That said, we logged your bug report and have moved this post to the Suggestion Box: Bugs section of the Community and somebody from the Coda team will be following up with any updates on this issue. Thanks for hanging in there!

Thanks, looking forward to hearing an update.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.