Search functionality not including current doc in 'All Docs' scope

Hello Coda Community,

I’ve come across an issue with the search functionality within Coda, particularly when searching across multiple Docs.

Issue Description: The search feature works fine within the current Doc, locating relevant data as expected. However, when I expand the search scope to include ‘All Docs’, it fails to retrieve data from the current Doc that I’m working in.

Steps to Replicate:

1. In any Doc, identify some unique data or keywords from table.
  2. Use the search function within this Doc – the search yields correct results.
  3. Switch the search scope to ‘All Docs’.
  4. Repeat the search and notice that the results from the current Doc are missing.

Additional Information:

• Screenshots demonstrating this discrepancy in search results will be attached.
  • This issue remains consistent across different browsers and persists even after clearing cache and cookies.

Request for Assistance: Could anyone shed light on this matter? Is this a known limitation or possibly a bug? If someone has encountered this and knows a workaround, your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your help and insights!

Hey @Michal_Antoszczuk1 ! This actually sounds like a feature request the Coda team has been tracking to have the doc list search include table content. That said, we have moved this post into the Suggestion Box for other members of the Community to chime in on this. We’ve gone ahead and tracked your vote for this feature formally.

1 Like

Fixed with Launched: Searching for docs in Coda just got easier!

1 Like