Selecting buttons to push depending on other columns

Hi all,

I feel like I’m VERY close to figuring this out, but the last step is tripping me up.

What I’m trying to achieve :
Outside of a table…

1. Select a value from a column using a simple select box. Nice and easy
  2. Press a button which then presses all the buttons in a table who also have a column that matches the select box selection.

Its easy to press ALL the buttons in a table, but I only want a subset pressed. But try as I might I can’t get formulas I think should work to work.

But I’m close. To test, I’ve just written some formulas on my doc - and am able to get the correct filtered list of rows using this :
[Workflow Setup].[Workflow Name].filter(CurrentValue=Workflow_Selector)

maketasks_selectworkflow is the name of my selection button.

Anyway - I can’t seem to amalgamate that into a formula for my button to press buttons in that row.

To try make things clearer, I’ve made a dummy version of the doc and shared it below.

I’ve taken out the button formula that doesn’t work and just put place holder for it to press all buttons in that table.

However, I’ve added the rows to the “task” table that should be there after you press the button - so the intended behaviour if that makes sense.

Hi @Brendan_Woithe,

if I correctly understood you’re definitely right there.
Just filter the RunActions like this:

Let me know if I got it right.

Cheers

1 Like

I think I just got exactly what you wrote… I just still get confused by the filter formula sometimes.

Thankyou!!!

I did it like this :

Now the fun bit…
Implementing it in the slightly more complex doc :). Will show me if I’ve truly understood everything!
But I think so!

You’re welcome!
Basically, you sorted it out on your own :wink:

btw, in this case, it would be equivalent to use lookup().

Enjoy!

using lookup in the action? I hadn’t thought of that at all. Is lookup() more efficient / considered best practice?

There is still an open topic on this: Filter() vs Lookup() — what's the difference really?

I think that in these cases they can be considered fully equivalent.

thanks for that link! Interesting… !
Edit : Ah see its an open question. But seeing the two side by side helps me understand.