Selecting text not visible

When I select text in Coda, the highlight colour is very light, almost impossible to see what is selected vs what is not. Is there any way to increase the contrast of the selected text? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 4.26.03 PM

i know of no setting in coda to do that

in the past i would have suggested using the stylebot extension for chrome

but i believe there are concerns that this tool may be tracking browser usage

anybody know more about that?

respect
max

In general computer users keep their screen brightness much too high to be able to perceive color and luminance differences well. Do you have this problem only in Coda? Always in your browser? In general? The higher the brightness of your screen past about the half-way setting, the less you’ll be able to judge contrast. In your screenshot, on my screens, it is very easy to see that “How to Make Garlic With Pasta” is highlighted. If your screen brightness is set to about halfway, and the problem is not limited to Coda, the next thing to look at is the Highlight Color setting of your computer. On a Mac running Big Sur this is set at “ ▹ System Preferences ▹ General ▹ Highlight color”. I recommend a medium-light gray.

2 Likes

Hey Kirby. I never noticed this symptom in other apps. It seemed more of an issue in Coda for some reason. Having said that, your suggestion was 100% on point. I am on a Mac and messing with the Highlight Color settings totally solved this issue. Didn’t even know I could do that and I’ve been on Mac OS for years. LOL. Thanks bro!

1 Like

Hi Bruce. You are welcome :slightly_smiling_face:. Thank you for reporting what worked. FYI, iirc, the control was moved in Big Sur, but was part of OS X since days of yore.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.