I was working on my doc when I got stuck - I can’t come up with any way to sort rows by multiple values.
Unfortunately, this isn’t as easy as it seems as there are some other limitations:
- I need to be able to detect which row is “higher” after the sorting, something like
Row1.Sort > Row2.Sort
- Those values are numbers with unknown length (and a date, but this is also technically a number), so I can’t just do
- This is intended for a table with ~1000 of rows (and very often some rows are added and some are deleted), so it needs to be fast
- Those numbers can be very big - up to 10^10
- Some of those numbers should be sorted in the ascending order, and other in descending order
- Those numbers don’t have to be integers, they may be fractions and they shouldn’t be rounded or the order may be incorrect
Earlier this could be done by just combining those value with spaces and multiplying selected ones by -1, but in recent coda updates this has been changed and is no longer functional.
And here are some of my failed attempts at achieving this:
I would be very, very grateful for any kind of help with this.