Sum from a Select List objects

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is a bug or a formula I’m writing wrong, but here is my issue:

In the last table, I would like to summarize the amount of fruits the Person 1 chose during the week, depending on the Basket.

So, in the last table, for Basket A (row 1), I get “4” as expected (2x Apple + 2x Cherry). For Basket C (row 3), I get “3” as expected (2x Apple + 1x Peer). But, for Basket B (row 2), I get only “1” instead of 2 as I would expect.
It seems my formula doesn’t like the fact that Banana and Melon are in the same cell in Table 2. Here is my formula:

Thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day.

Could you share a copy of the doc publicly?

Hi Nick,
Sure, here it is, thanks.

Hi @Caracole, I’m still not entirely clear on exactly what you are trying to do, but I would recommend a bit of a change in schema. Specifically, a table of people (assuming there will be more than just “Person 1” in there eventually), and the last table actually seems like it should be just a view of the “Baskets” table. See the page I added in your shared doc:

I think I got the formula you want (in the column labelled Person 1), but I’m really not sure why you want this number. How is this going to be used?

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your help. Actually, someone updated the Table on Page 2. The information I wanted to have was: which basket best suits the habits of the people according to the composition of the baskets and according to their daily consumption habits (“Fruits - People’s taste per Basket 2” table).
Thanks to it, I know that Basket A & C feats better the Person 1 than the Basket B, and so.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ah ok, that makes sense. You are finding the best basket-person matches. Now I see why you had the extra table at the end — that was actually smart considering the complexity of the task (assuming you will have many more than three people and three baskets).

It might be overkill at this point, but I updated the page I made in your doc with an additional table and better formulas.

That’s great, thanks for adding these tables.

1 Like