Table column formulas to restrict values

Hi All,

How can I use the formula in the table column to restrict only this role uses can be added in the column. I will be adding this user column from another table. Please help me in resolving this.

Thanks,
Elam

1 Like

In your users table, have a column for role.

In the main table where you want to pick a user, set type to Lookup (to users table) and in Lookup Options → Item Settings you can filter to just users who match role=whatever

Lmk if that makes sense, if not I can add detail :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your immediate response. Unfortunately it didnt work. My focus is to list the users restricted to some roles in one column which is a drop down . I followed your points and I had the formula in the lookup
Lookup(Users, Users.RoleName, “Solution Engineer”)
It didnt work.

Please explain the procedure in detail.

Thanks,
Elam

1 Like

Hi Elam

It would be useful if you could share your doc, or (if you need to keep your data private) a simplified example doc with ‘dummy’ data. Under ‘Share’, set the doc to ‘Anyone with the link can view’, and then go to the ‘Embed’ tab, grab the embed code and paste it back here in a reply to this forum thread. After that, I’m sure someone will be able to provide you a very quick solution. :smile:

1 Like

Hi @Elam_Jaybal - does this get you where you want to be?

If not, please share a sample doc

4 Likes

Hi Nick,

It really helps. Thank you so much for your support.

Thanks,
Elam

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.