Table Row Templates

Hello All,
Moving from notion to coda is a bit of a challenge for the boxy mind… although i managed to overcome most of my challenges, one has remain:

In notion you can create templates per each table, while the structure of the table stays the same, when you open the page of a specific row you can have different canvas look. with related tasks, subtables and so on. I have added an image

1 Like

Hey @Roy_Liebermann1,

You can actually achieve this by creating subtables to nest into your main table if you do not want to have connected views. You would only have to link the data to the main table and then have it show up in the open row model. They will each be unique tables but all linked through the subtable option.

Here is a great article on how to set that up with written and video examples.

Hope that helps!

All my best,
Dan

2 Likes

Hey @Dan_Demers!
Thank you so much for this, I will look into it. Meanwhile i have created a page (Template) with the design i need (like tables, canvas controls, etc.) and on the needed table i have added a canvas column and set that templated page as “value for new row”, which also works as all tables there are becoming nested tables for this row… :slight_smile: