Table rows view

i have a table with a scope of work

and then each day i need to work on a few items from that list, how do i get a table view of only a couple of rows from my scope of work table?

Hi @Pablo_Briones, Welcome to the community. Can you take a look at Using Slice to limit the rows in a view (return Top n rows) and see if that helps you figure this out.

not really, I just want a simple way to view a couple of rows from the main table

recently, after 20 weeks of work I was told that my main list had some mistakes so with the program Im using (onenote)I had to go back to each week folder/tab and then to each section/page and fix the table extract one by one in all 20 weeks, what I see in coda is that going to the main table and fixing it will change all my table views I just need to be able to chose from that main table the items i will be working on that day and insert just those rows to my table view

Should it be the same few rows everytime? Or once you have copied it is it different?

In your table add this as a filter - replacing Name of your table and PO Item with the right table and column name.

thisRow.in([Name of your table].Sort(false,[PO Item]).Slice(0,3))

This will give you the top 3 rows.

However, what I would do if I were in this situation is create a view that showed me three tasks and used a check list to check them off.

Im just not understanding this at all :(:sob:

this table grab column PO Item and show me 1, 2 & 3
but it is not working

Please add this exact line to the filter -
thisRow.in([Table 2].Sort(false,[PO Item]).Slice(0,3))

1 Like

You rock :love_you_gesture:t2:

1 Like

Now I just need to be able to insert pictures to a table from a camera :upside_down_face:

wait, but how do I chose what rows?

is not working :sob:

That is the questions I had - What criteria is it for the few rows to show up?

no, every day I work in different items from the list

Ok, so how does the list know what to show you?
Do you chose?

each day i will select from the list what im inspecting that particular day

Then try this filter

[PO Item]=1 or [PO Item]= 3 or [PO Item]=7

You can change 1, 3, 7 to select the right PO Item.

There are other ways to do this but I think this is simple and will get you what you need.

1 Like

Ok and if needed i just add more or’s :love_you_gesture:t2:

1 Like

Dear @Pablo_Briones,

Just a kind suggestion:

Add a “check box” column to your main table.
Create a view ( duplicate of the main table), name it for example 06-jun-2019.
Check the boxes from the rows you want to inspect on that day.
Create a filter where the “check box” column = true() and voila!

Depending on how you want to work, you can add the pictures in the table or in the canvas and add your comments if needed.

2 Likes