Text Track Changes

Is there a way to view track changes on text in a coda doc? As in, individuals can go and change text on a page and we can see who changed it and approve the changes. This is a feature that is available in Microsoft word and Google Docs and I wondered if it can be replicated in Coda.

4 Likes

Hi @Benjamin_Bachman,

You can see the version history of the document and use comments throughout the pages, as well as see all row changes from within the tables.

However, AFAIK, there is no revision management in Coda the way Word and Google Docs implement it (yet? @Codans?).

1 Like

You’re correct @Federico_Stefanato. We don’t have this level of logging yet, but we’re researching it. There are a few other things in the works at the moment that would need to be done first. So it’s a possibility at some point, but not part of a project at the moment.

5 Likes

Got it! This feature would be huge for us as we actually use Coda for content creation. We interface with our clients in it and we are always wondering “who” made changes.

5 Likes

I would love this features as well, it would be a huge factor to have our team switch from Google Docs to Coda. Right now it’s one of the main roadblocks for us. Just wondering if there are any updates on this feature!

1 Like

+1 Full revision history would be awesome! Having a “suggest” mode for collaborators would be great as well.

1 Like

I would also +1 this. Being able to incorporate track changes would be a real game changer for us.

It’s a totally non-trivial build, but +1’ing: I left Notion for Coda because Coda’s “comments” are 1000x better. BUT neither of them solve the only reason i keep defaulting back to google docs — the Suggest Edits mode, where anyone can jump straight in and start typing/tracking what they’ve changed for everyone else. If that’s on your roadmap i’m here for it!!

2 Likes

@BenLee I will +1 this feature request. The ability to track changes within a document (ala Pages, Word, etc) would be great. This would be IN ADDITION to tracking document revisions. If you implement this, please make sure I can view a strike through version as well as a markup without deletions.

Huge +1 for me. I run big, complex content databases and right now I’m having to ask my collaborators to make a comment/@ me every time they make an edit which nearly doubles their work. Appreciate it’s a big feature but it’s close to essential for us if we’re going to work together on content revision.

:wave: update here - we are opening a beta for a new feature that hopefully will address this need, suggest changes in Coda! If you’d like to participate, please fill out this form. Look forward to hearing your feedback!

1 Like