Theming support

+1
Any news on this?

1 Like

@GJ_Roelofs

Thanks for the suggestion. With Dark Reader and Chrome Shortcuts, Coda is coming closer to a perfect standalone app.

1 Like

Hi, could you also refer me to the similar product? Iā€™m always on the lookout for alternatives and would love to check it out

Thanks to everyoneā€™s recommendation of Dark Reader. Am personally using the ā€œLightā€ theme, which makes everything grey, and am loving it!

Hi Iā€™d like to add to this conversation by stating that Iā€™d like to be able to ā€œCreate & publish Coda docs with dark backgrounds and light text fonts.ā€

Itā€™s important to be able to create docs that will look good when embedded or viewed on websites that have darker themes and backgrounds.

1 Like

Dark Reader corrupts the look of tables and colors. I also used another extension in Safari, works better than Dark Reader, but still colors are not real. Also when using dark extensions, I cannot know which row number is highlighted when I edit a row.

Still a built-in dark theme is important.
I use Coda as a system more than a doc.

1 Like

Bumping this thread hoping get a status update on ā€œCreating & publishing Coda docs with dark backgrounds and light text fonts.ā€ ??

3 Likes

Dark mode is what keeps me going back to Notion, tables are what keeps me going back to Coda. I think itā€™s easier for you to fix your templates than it is for Notion to fix their tables.

4 Likes

Another thing Iā€™d really like to see is the option for a more compact/minimalist interface. I like to do my work in a less candy-looking environment (smaller elements, smaller text, smaller margins/spaces between elements. Iā€™m thinking somewhere on the Wikipedia vein)

2 Likes

Nailed it. That is exactly what I feel as well.

Please @coda team, bring the dark mode and we can dump Notion for once and for all :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there some straightforward reason why dark theme is still unavailable as an option? For a production team that seems quite responsive on all other fronts, isnā€™t there some way to just simply give a timeline as to when this be available? Hello?

1 Like

Dark mode isnā€™t a trivial thing to implement and it can add a fair amount of work to any features added afterwards. We do have people internally who want dark mode as well, so we definitely understand the request, but we also have to measure how much work we might be adding moving forward while the product is still growing in some big ways.

Itā€™s in the notes and itā€™s known as a wanted feature, but we donā€™t have an ETA for when itā€™ll hit the front burner.

5 Likes

I would be very, very thankful for a dark theme! It would help me integrate coda.io into my work and life styles much easier.

I undertstand that itā€™s no trivial feature despite appearances, but itā€™s also become an essential part of a critical mass of peopleā€™s workflow.

1 Like

Hello guys.
So, does anyone know when/if they will make a dark theme available? This post was raised in 2018 and we are past the mid 2020 now.
Iā€™m really happy with Coda, it is the only application that I can do (mostly) everything with ease without the need of programming my own applications and databases (it would be very time consuming), but it is so white and bright that it is being hard on my eyes.
I know there are workarounds, but I do not like them as there are some glitches here and there and none are perfect. I almost migrated to Notion.so (specially because now there are no limits of blocks (data) for the free personal plan, not to say that they seem to be enriching it with more and more new features every day (not to say that they dark theme really is beautiful), but Coda functionality and formulas are better. Notion still cannot handle somethings coda does.

Please coda developers, DARK MODE

2 Likes
  • 1 for Dak Mode ! Seems like an essential feature
2 Likes

YESS!, please, loving Coda on all aspects, I work at night like an owl, A Dark Theme would help a vampire like me alot.

1 Like

Missing dark mode very badly

This is one area where Notion has Coda beat, but Coda could easily leapfrog Notion and allow custom themeing especially for published docs, which Notion currently doesnā€™t support (light / dark mode is a local to user account setting and defaults to light for anonymous users browsing on published pages)

2 Likes

Hi everyone! We announced our release of dark mode for Coda (Beta) today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes this is a feature that I am also looking for as also the ability to save as a multiple page PDF.
Would love some suggestions or alternates
Regards