Time Tracker with Subcategories

Hey guys!

I’m new to Coda and am trying to figure out how to adjust this Time Tracker template to be able to do the following:

• Include a manual duration section where I can override the “Clock In/Clock Out” function if I left a timer running or need to add an additional time entry later on without needing to run the timer
  • Include subcategories to the Main Category so I can break times down into what project it’s for and what task I’m doing within it
  • Make a Reports section to show how much time each task in a project took

Any suggestions are welcome!
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Erin

Not based on this templated and I created long before this template was available but does exactly what you need. I created in a way that it could be used as very minimalistic view on the desktop. Follow the instructions on how to create a shortcut on your desktop with Chrome and it could stand on the side of your other browsers.

3 Likes

Wow this is awesome!! Thanks so much Stefan! This has everything that I wanted :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi , I am trying to use this template ,
i want to create a display of the time clocked in today !
can you suggest how to do that

Hi Aman,

Welcome back to the community.

I just added filters which look in the Modify on column and you can filter by date when these were last modified.

Alternatively you can create a separate view and then create another filter which constantly shows only the tasks for this 1 day.

Hi Stefan,
Sorry , where can i get the doc you added filters to …
Also if you can share what formula can write to display the time clocked in today ?
thanks

In the Per-project tracker section there is a drop-down which you can use. You would need to create a new copy of the template above.