"Simpler" Time Tracker solution

Hi, and sorry for my proliferation of requests today!

I would very much like to be able to have some time tracking capability in Coda that matches some of the best solutions in other apps I’ve used in recent years. The full solution would include:

• Ability to estimate time of a task
  • Log time spent via:
  1. A button to start and stop a timer, or
  2. Manually adding the time, not just total time spent, but time of day spent, too.
  • View cumulative time spent
  • Update the Estimate based on time being logged

In addition, I’ve found very useful when available the ability to log a “time entry” when logging time spent on a tracker: So when adding time, you are prompted to add some commentary like “Got through the first 1/3 of the code refactor” in the example of a dev task. The best solutions I’ve seen will then add this time logged, as well as comment about what was done during this time, into the activity stream. This is an example from Wrike:

Finally, a big feature I’ve found useful as an admin is the ability to add time for others. This can be helpful if you want to see time spent in meetings where many of your team take part.

I’ve looked around at the many templates, and creative solutions offered here in the Community. But they are all too hard for a basic Maker such as myself to simply add in to my doc, which has a lot of row types I’m using for various tasks such as bugs, chores, research, etc.

I’d like to suggest that you guys think about some solutions that would leverage the terrific power of Coda for time tracking, but in a way that would be user friendly enough that one could set this up relatively simply, hopefully including the ability to add some log commentary as well per this example from Wrike.

As always, thanks for the consideration guys!

1 Like