To-do list, but it's just one table and one row 🤯

I write formulas right in the doc. Can’t imagine typing formulas without autofill. But also I found that copy-pasting formulas from external editors wouldn’t work if formulas have multiple lines. I guess that’s because I’m on Windows, and even if I switched CRLF (\r\n) to LF (\n) mode of newlines, Coda still wouldn’t parse pasted formulas beyond the first line.

When in need of a bigger formula window, I open developer tools and paste and run this snippet in the JS console:

It’s not ideal because the formula box still jumps around a lot (with this CSS it stops being fixed and adapts to the length of the longest line… usually that’s a line from formula description). Haven’t worked with CSS for quite a while, and haven’t had a chance to come up with a more solid solution.

Pressing shift+enter adds a new line. Wasn’t it you who discovered that? Oh yeah, that was @Lloyd_Montgomery. Why do I always mix you two?

Here’s a “style guide” I created:

One update: I usually keep FormulaMap(RunActions( on the same line and don’t indent. That’s because RunActions is so often used in FormulaMap, there’s little reason to put it on a separate line; it’s expected to find it on the same line (remember that the goal of line-breaking is just to make it easy to understand the formula at a glance)

4 Likes