Todoist Pack with Two-Way Sync

Hey everyone!

I’m excited to share that I’ve been working hard on improving the Todoist Pack, and I’ve just released a major update. Your feedback and the growing demand for this pack have been my biggest motivations.

I’ve implemented a bunch of new features and optimizations to make your experience better:

• Oauth integration for easier account connection
  • New cards and columns for better organization
  • Project collaborator sync table to keep your team in the loop
  • Enhanced Two-Way Sync for seamless data flow
  • Numerous bug fixes for smoother performance

If you’re a Todoist user, I’d really appreciate it if you could check out the pack and share your thoughts. Your feedback is invaluable in shaping the future of this tool.

Thanks for your support, and I can’t wait to hear what you think!

4 Likes

Great progress on the Todoist interoperatbility. I can 2-way-sync loads of useful data.

I’d love to also see due dates and comments synced. Any ideas whether/when that’s doable?

I.e. adding a Comments Table with Linked Relation to Tasks, so that Comments would show up as a list of notes for each Task. Would love to see those in my Task Details Layout.

RE the Due column, when do you expect to have that up and running? I really need that one to set up Boards and group Cards to be able to filter tasks by time and use Coda as an interface to sort through the sea of tasks.

I can see a beautiful synergy in truly being able to process, review & prioritize projects & tasks smoothly in Coda, and using the snappy interface of Todoist to capture and execute tasks/ideas throughout the day. I think just enabling Task due dates in Coda datetime-format and Comments as lists linked to tasks would enable that.

Awesome ! Thanks a lot @Tobias_Feistmantl !!!

@Mikael_Bergqvist you can edit “due string” using “tomorrow”, “next month” or “26 Aout 2024” (in France ;)) as you would do directly in todoist.

Then, you can easily extract a “MM/DD/YYYY” date from “due” to display in a calendar view or so. But if you want to make any change on date from Coda, you have to change “due string” !

2 Likes

@Tobias_Feistmantl quick question

Isnt it possible to also update project of a task in “Update a Task Button” ? I understand that project are not available to 2-way sync, but updating it with a button would be a game changer ! Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Mikael_Bergqvist

You can already change the due date through the “Due string” column. Due to the nature of the “Due” field, I cannot activate it for 2-way-sync for now.

It’s also already possible to sync comments using the formulas CommentsForTask, CommentsForProject. I’ve also implemented specific column formats for them, so you just have to add the column format, insert the task or project ID (e.g. as formula) as value, and it should automatically sync the comments.

I hope this answers your questions!

1 Like

Hi @Quentin_Morel

Unfortunately, the Todoist REST API doesn’t support changing the project of a task for some strange reason. I’ll implement that as soon as I find a solution to this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for answer ! I’ve tried myself to build a better todoist pack, but gave up because lack of times and also different limitations like this one.
Anyway, your version provides a very clean interface, and you can count on me as a regular user !

1 Like