Typing bugs on Android app

It’s extremely frustrating trying to type a comment on the Android app. When the keyboard does an autocorrect, it just appends the corrected word to the end of the word you were typing (if I was typing it’s, it will end up being itit’s). I’ve noticed this for a while even when just composing a note or task in Coda.

Additionally, when using backspace (perhaps to fix the autocorrect annoyance above), it backspaces one character and then the cursor jumps to the beginning of the input box. You have to backspace one character, then tap to move the cursor back to the correct spot - doing that for every character you want to remove.

Anyone else having these issues?

5 Likes

Curious - does it do this in the mobile browser as well?

Sure does. Just tested it.

Then this seems to suggest the issue exists in both the Coda mobile app AND the web browser app, which I believe are two very different apps.

I don’t use Android, but maybe @Frank_Strack can chime in.

While we are on the subject of mobile text entry (in a table column): does anyone know how to enter a linebreak on Android?
I have created a work around (typing “>>” and have a button replace them with a linebreak), but I’d rather just enter a linebreak in the text I am typing.

Yeah there’s been an issue with autocorrect on Android for a while. This bug has been filed already but just hasn’t been worked on yet.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Is this reported on the Apple app too or just Android?

Same issue for me. Is a dealbreaker for me. I’m amazed this hasn’t been fixed yet.

2 Likes

Any update here @Bill_French ? thanks

Redirect → @Al_Chen_Coda

This has been a big pain point for me as well. Please put this as a higher priority fix.

This should be top priority. Makes the app almost unusable on android devices.
This really makes me feel the urge to use a different platform. Please fix!

Agree, there should be an option for text input fields to choose what happens when “enter” is pressed. (Line break or exit/next field"

I recently switched from notion to coda for some reasons, but i must agree: The apps not usable like this.

Might be a special treat for G Pixel users, but this bug is everywhere! Whenever the keyboard replaces misspells with a suggestion, the (should be) deleted word gets appended.

Solve for bonus points: When I try to delete the appended letters all at once, only the last letter gets deleted.

This bug has been triaged, so engineering is taking a look at it. Hoping to have a fix soon.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything mentioned, but it appears to me that the auto-correct and backspace issues are fixed for Android (at least in my small amount of use today).