Unlink a View from master table

Is there a way to unlink a view from its master table?

1 Like

There isnā€™t a way to ā€œunlinkā€ a view. You can copy and paste a view, and when you paste, there will be an option to ā€œDuplicate Dataā€ which will create a copy that is unlinked.

Thanks. I had already created some views but no longer want them as views anymore. I want to unlink them and use them for something else. Structure will still be similar to master table though. Well, looks like i have to manually delete them and recopy from the master table. An unlink function would be quite handy and faster though.

5 Likes

I need this so bad. I have been using coda for construction and have made templates to copy and paste for different customers except it wont work because everything is linked. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ALLOW US TO UNLINK TABLES

3 Likes

I believe this can be done now with great ease if you use the copy options correctly. You can copy a master table, duplicate the data and you have a new, unconnected table with lookups in place.
You can also duplicate a complete page an de-connect the tables. But you donā€™t have to start with the master, you can do the same with view, leaving the filters in place, but making it independent from the master.

So annoying!!! This just messes up with everything

1 Like

HI Ravi,

Welcome to Coda and itā€™s community. I hope that you will enjoy Coda as much as the rest of us here!

Have you seen the response from Joost to the copying question?

Can you share with us your business case that you are struggling with, and I am certain somebody on the community will be able to assist you.

Regards
Piet Strydom

I am just asking if itā€™s now possible to unlink (delete) a view from a table (template)

No, as long as you want to refer to this view (or if any of your formulas have a reference to this view()), you should keep the view. I park those views on a special page so they donā€™t get in the way.

ok but I donā€™t know how remove it from a table to put it on another (sorry for my englishā€¦ I speak french)

Bonjour Maryse,
Cā€™est pas de probleme, votre Anglais. Cā€™est mieux que mon Francais.
Alorsā€¦

You mark/highlight the table (it is not always clear what is highlighted, if you are not sure, put your cursor above or below or besides the table, hold the shift key, use your arrow keys to highlight a section, let go of the shift key), type CTRL-X, got to the page where you want to ā€˜parkā€™ these tables, make sure you are on that page and type CTRL-V. You can do more than one table/view at once.

Before you do this, it makes live easier if you collapse the table(s) before highlighting and moving them around.

Wowā€¦ thatā€™s perfect!! Thank you for your help!!