Update canvas Checkbox value with a Button

Hello everyone,

Seems like a simple problem but I couldn’t find any relevant topic here. So the question is simple: is it possible to somehow, for instance, uncheck a checkbox on canvas using an automation rule or a button?

I do know how to easily do it in a table. :frowning_face:

Hi @miller this is not possible. If you want to do this, you can create a single column/row table, hide column names, row title, etc and then reference it via formulas.

Unfortunate. :unamused:
Thanks for letting me know though :+1:

Adding to this topic:

I recently swapped out quite a few canvas controls for table controls because they required the ability to be programatically changed, as requested in this post.

I realized an additional minor disadvantage with this approach, which is that the control no longer shows in the Doc Map as “Referenced By”. This makes design and refactoring more tedious because there is no reference list of which objects are subject to the table control.

2 Likes

Good point @Ander :bulb:

CC: @BenLee

1 Like

Yes, this is a toss-up at the moment on which one to use. There are pros and cons to each.

I don’t think adding support for buttons to act on canvas variables is a trivial addition, but it has been requested and we know it’s a want.

3 Likes