Hi - Coda is really powerful tool that I have managed to get a few teams in our company to adopt. It has some of the most powerful features I have seen compared to what a typical “wiki” page can do. Our teams are able to elegantly and powerfully organise their work and it’s made onboarding and collaborating fun and easy.
We are looking to replace our corporate wiki (confluence). Coda would be the perfect candidate however the only problem is the way the navigation is structured from login page. It’s really bizarre for this use case and confuses the hell everyone we first onboard.
Ideally to use Coda as a corporate wiki and thus enable us to do a global roll-out to our company we require the default login page to be much simpler: a company directory of folders.
- Branded workspace url e.g. coda.io/companyname or companyname.coda.io
- Login in to this page the user should be presented with a side menu containing navigation across Folders/Docs and on the right hand side display the content.
- This way it’s easier to use as a corporate wiki.
- All our teams can be given a Folders to organise their departments work and resources
- New users can easily navigate the directory to different departments
Acme Ltd Home (Workspace)
Sales Team (Folder)
Marketing Team (Folder)
Design Team (Folder)
Ops Team (Folder)
Engineering Team (Folder)
Is there a way to create this sort of easier to use homepage view or are there plans to update?
Right now default Workspaces and Folders display is too unstructured to allow coda to be used as a corporate wiki.