Webinar Alert - Run Your Business on Coda with Martin!

Join me and @Martin_Vilches tomorrow for a webinar on how to run your whole business on Coda!

Reserve your spot here.

3 Likes

Any chance you’ll do a recording of the session? Would love one of our staff to be on this, but its 4am here, so that makes it a little tricky :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So excited to hear about everything that @Martin_Vilches has set up in Coda! :partying_face:

1 Like

Looking forward to it! Will it be recorded? Because the time zone makes it a bit difficult to be present. @Martin_Vilches and @maria

2 Likes

Yes indeed! We will record this session, and I’ll add it to the thread here, and to Coda webinar schedule.

2 Likes

Yes indeed! I’ll post it to the thread here.

2 Likes

Thanks! I made it as well as one of our staff! Thanks.
But great to be able to go back through the video.

1 Like

What an amazing webinar! Thank you so much, @Martin_Vilches , for sharing how you run your entire business on Coda. The doc you shared truly is an inspiration, kudos for all that you created!

All the best from Austria,
Nina

1 Like

Thank you very much Nina! It was nice to see you again!

3 Likes

Wow Martin and Maria thanks for doing this! This is the first Webinar I’ve watched, I didn’t realize there were so many. It’s great to see serious use cases of Coda with lots of best practices. I learned some good tips like the gmail draft creation for template-based emails is great idea, the wordcloud, very cool.

Martin if you don’t mind, when did you start putting all this together? One thing I love about Coda is you can start small with your top priorities and then start molding the tools you build around your business processes bit by bit.

2 Likes

Hi Ed, thank you for your comments. I started my first doc in 2020. I did one doc for everything I needed (CRM, Projects, Service Tickets, etc). After almost 2 years of using it, and after learning so much from the community, I decided to build the second version in 4 different docs connected to each other using CrossDoc. It took me about 2 weeks to build it (spending several hours a day).

I agree with you, the nice thing about coda is that you can start small solving a key part of what you need, and then start from there!

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. Coda changed a lot in that period, we only started using it in 2021 but I believe many of the things, like cross-doc, that make your solution possible were probably new or did not exist yet at the time when you started.

I was lucky enough to read some of that advice here before building out our documents, so we followed that multiple doc approach from the beginning and so far it is working out well. We have CRM, HR, Management, Contracts, Financials, Project-specific docs, and some other utilities and smaller docs. Haven’t gotten to the point yet where they look as pretty as yours, but in terms of pure process we have a nice lean machine going.

3 Likes

@maria

cant find a post for the latest WEBINAR with @Nina_Ledid

so i am posting my response here

well done @Nina_Ledid indeed on an EXCELLENT presentation demonstrating wonderful skills in Coda and document design and table-wrangling

and the clarity and energy of your presentation was inspiring

so take a bow and accept our applause :clap:

and a big thanks, as always, to @maria for organizing these extremely useful webinars

max

4 Likes

Thanks so much for your kind words, @Xyzor_Max, much appreciated! I had such a blast doing this webinar with the wonderful @maria! For anyone interested in watching the recording of “How to make the switch from a spreadsheet to a database”, here’s the link: Maker Stories | Moving from Spreadsheets and Excel to Coda Databases with Nina - YouTube

All the best from Austria, Nina

2 Likes