What happens to documents after downgrading and later upgrading accounts?

Hi:

I’m trying to find a workaround to achieve a lower cost on my yearly Coda subscription. I love the product and find great value on it, however, currently I may not be able to pay for the yearly Pro subscription which is near to be renewed.

I was considering paying every other month, which would bring the cost to 60%. I think I can accommodate to update my docs every other month understanding that when my account is on free mode, I would only be able to access those docs as a read only.

However, can someone help me to clarify if my documents will retain all the data on them and their full functionality that was previously prior to entering in the free months?

I appreciate any help on this.

1 Like

Hi there @Mauricio_Vidal_Astudillo :blush: !

I think the best way to get an answer here would be to contact directly the customer support (using the big ? which should be at the bottom right when your in one of your doc) :blush: .

1 Like

Hi @Mauricio_Vidal_Astudillo, I would like to clarify that we would never delete any data as a result of you downgrading to a lower tier. But, your docs that are over the free tier limits or using paid features would become read-only until you re-upgrade.

If you’re looking to bring down the cost of your subscription, I would recommend participating in our referral program. You’ll help us spread the word about Coda and in return we’ll knock off the price of your subscription, so it’s a win-win. Currently, if you successfully refer 12 folks, you’ll have enough credit for a year of Pro.

5 Likes