😬 What was hard for you to discover in Coda?

I had a problem as described towards the bottom of this post: How to automate adding multiple rows from one table to a new table with a button? - #7 by Carl_Haugen

I tried to cross doc a table and it drove me nuts that my filter function for an automation button did not work as I expected. I cross doced a tasks table, and the tasks table had a lookup to a project table.

When adding a filter function for the “project” column I got the message that the referenced data could not be found, but I mistook that for being a limitation in the cross doc table instead of that the actual data could not be found. The reason for this was that I saw the data in the table just fine. Except for it being marked (with dotted lines perhaps)?

I think it would be a good idea to add a slight better error handling or inform the users better in this case. Perhaps you could add something like “(references in cross doc’ed tables need to also be cross doc’ed)” to the error message of "Data referenced could not be found). Or adding a red dotted line or something to the column data and a popup on mouseover of “data can not be used in functions unless referenced tables is synced” or similar. Perhaps you could add a “do’s and don’ts” to the “Cross Doc” page that always pops up when adding a cross doc.