A button to expand a row, without it opening the version from the root table

It takes some training to get my users to notice that they can hover on a row to reveal the Expand row button.

So I often like to give them a column of “Open” buttons, with the formula Activate(thisRow). Cool.

But in different views of the same table, I want a different detail layout when a user pops open a row. This is no problem if you’re using the Expand row button - each view of a table can have its own default detail layout for expanded rows. And in fact if you look at the top of the detail view, it will say that this is a row from the specific table view:
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.22.50 PM

However, in the same table view, when opening a detail view with Activate(thisRow), it’s actually opening a row from the root table, not the view:
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.22.59 PM

So no matter what table view I expand the row from (View A of Table 1, or View B of Table 1) it will always show the same detail layout: whatever I’ve set as the default for Table 1.

Does anyone know how to Activate(thisRow in this table view, not thisRow in the original root table) so that I can use buttons to expand rows with unique detail layouts per table view?

1 Like

Hello @Nick_HE!
The master @Paul_Danyliuk made a great post explaining how to do this, I leave the link below:

2 Likes

Of course he did :grinning:

1 Like