Adding a day to date of each consecutive row

Hi crew - new here! I hope this isn’t a silly question. I’m building a social media calendar which requires two rows for each day of the month (one for a FB post and one for an Instagram post) and each row has a date column.

So it should be
10/1/19 FB
10/1/19 IG
10/2/19 FB
10/2/19 IG

What I’m struggling to figure out is how to…

1. generate consecutive dates for each new row and
  2. do so in a pattern of 2’s (i.e., 2 rows for the 1st of the month with one for each social channel (FB, IG))

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to even populate new rows with consecutive dates to achieve the effect of how you can click and drag down in Excel to apply the date pattern. I’ve tried every date related formula as well as creating a button to create a new row with the date + 1.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

2 Likes

Hi @Kathleen_Smith … some more detail about how this will function would be helpful. For example, is the idea to add the rows for a given day after they have happened (eg, to record what took place), or beforehand in order to plan ahead?

I suspect it would be the planning ahead approach, in which case, do you want to add one day at a time, or a range (eg. add all the days for a given month in one go?)

Rohan

1 Like

Hi Rohan, thanks for your consideration on this.

Here’s a better idea of what I’d like to accomplish – however, I manually created all of the rows and added the dates. Yes, the idea is that this is a planning tool… we plan our client social media content in monthly batches prior to scheduling it so I want to quickly be able to create these types of tables with for all of our clients as needed.

I was wondering if there’s a way to automatically generate the rows in this date pattern w/ the alternating FB/Instagram channel dropdown:

1 Like

Hi @Kathleen_Smith,

This should do what you are after -

Rohan

2 Likes

@anon86103599 I’d be interested in the solution to this!

Did anyone get a solution to this? I am also interested

Hey there @anon87363756 and @Singa_Adema ,

There are multiple ways to do this, and I outlined them in the embedded doc below. On the doc itself there are explanations as to how it works! I made one page called “as requested” where the table is set up according to the original request. I also made another page called “day by day automation” - Personally I would use the automation as its super simple, doesn’t involve complex formulas, and does the work for you each morning!

Let me know if your use case is slightly different and I can help provide some pointers!

2 Likes

Hello @anon87363756 and @Singa_Adema ,

I like the @Scott_Collier-Weir approach a lot (Day by Day automation), it is practical and rather straight forward. I took a different angle on the matter. You can copy this doc if you like the approach.

Cheers, Christiaan

1 Like

Thanks @Scott_Collier-Weir and @Christiaan_Huizer