Addition of a Mind Map view

As this continues to be one of my major asks in Coda, wanted to add a note for the Product Team vis a vis Mind Mapping/Visuals:

I copied, and was using @Paul_Danyliuk’s excellent tool here:

And I could almost not stop myself from trying to go and drag-and-drop around the images, as if they were on a Kanban Board.

This got me to thinking that Coda already has the ability already to dynamically change relations with drag-and-drop, in board view for starters. So this builds my enthusiasm for the hope of simply adding in some additional graphing, and hopefully without much work a “live diagram” would be something we could see as a feature soon!

This would have great potential if you think about using this within Views. Views are already a great way to visualize sections of data in custom ways. If you could simply see, as an option in Graphs, “relation view,” you’d have a super powerful feature here. Add the ability to move around the visualizations of the rows to change the relationships, and this is a great interactive tool that provides something you can’t get anywhere else!

Really would love to hear what you guys have in mind with Mind Maps and visuals of relations. I hope Paul has given you a good idea how you could build this.

2 Likes