Admin Account and User Permissions

I’d love the ability to hide certain sections. We are a digital marketing agency and our clients don’t need to see certain sections. We’d just like to share stats and strategy with them, which are in their own sections/folders.

So a folder permissions would be good too.

2 Likes

A permission system is absolutely crucial, without it many companies (such as mine) won’t be able to adopt Coda.

Additionally, a “Database Lock” switch as in Notion would be very useful, even when I’m the admin I don’t want to accidentally mess up things (add/remove columns, etc).

5 Likes

Hi all, we appreciate all of the discussion and feedback around these requests! We’d love to collect more detailed information on the specific needs each of you have to help inform our direction.

Could you take a few minutes to respond to this survey ?

Thanks!
Nathan

Hi @nathan,

HR & Recruiting info is very sensitive. I want to help my teams (and my profession on the whole) use Coda but will not before a proper permissions structure is in place.

Does this functionality negatively impact Coda’s architecture? If not, aside from monetization, I’m not sure why there’s a delay…

2 Likes

This is the single feature that keeps me from being head over heels with Coda.

If you can have one doc and restrict access to different employees, the whole company can be connected.

So looking forward to this.

1 Like

For those who can’t wait, here’s a makeshift approach to permissions. It crashes the doc for the user immediately when they try to see what they are not supposed to see.

Not 100% bulletproof, but still.
(also it’s more of a joke than an actual solution)

1 Like