Any way to set guest permissions when creating Google Calender event

So I would like to create events where the guests can modify the event.
But I dont see any clear API documentation of setting permissions at creation time?
Nor update

Any suggestions?

Hey there! I just did some testing myself with the Google Calendar Pack, and I also couldn’t pinpoint a way to set the attendees permissions from the button settings or formula inputs. After a few tests, it looks like when you use the Create Event button, the attendees’ permissions will default to your account’s event guest permissions.

Not sure what type of account you’re using to create events, but if most or all events on this calendar should be able to be modified by guests, then it might be worth changing these permissions directly in Google Calendar by heading to Settings > Event Settings > Default Guest Permissions and toggling on Modify Event :point_down:

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 4.51.32 PM

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any follow up questions on this front!
~Nicole

Thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately its multiple events created by multiple people in the organization. Its our bi weekly buddy meets that is created by one of the two who is meeting via a slack notification.

So I cannot get my whole company to turn this on, it will not provide enough value for the effort I believe :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah darn! Figured it might be worth suggesting, but I can definitely see how this would present a problem for your current setup!

I can definitely submit this as a feature request for you in the meantime. Do you mind answering the following questions so our engineers can better understand your use case?

• What value does this new feature unlock? What does this help you accomplish?
  • On a scale of 1 to 4 (1 = nice to have, 4 = absolutely must have), how badly would you say you need this feature?
  • How would you describe what you’re trying to build with this feature? (Project tracker, blog, client-facing resource, etc.)

Nicole

Ah thanks!

1. It allows us to make meetings between two or mode parties where multiple attendees have the control to change data. Because the meeting has equal ownership.

2. I would say it’s a 2.

3. Team collaboration tools. But can be used for all projects that need any form of shared meeting structure.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.