API delayed response

Have you tried to make a arbitrary API call to see if it returns the requestId?
There is the Get Mutation Status endpoint that would return if the request is completed or not.

I haven’t tried it out, but could be a thing.
If it returns the requestId you put a sleep of a certain time and then check the mutation status.
If it’s done, the proceed, if not, then take another route (maybe call another scenario to handle those requests).

1 Like

I have, but as Make’s modules don’t give the requestIds in modules outputs, I am blocked :neutral_face:

The solution would be to make API’s calls by myself instead of using Coda modules, but that would mean to code, whereas I want to stay no/low-code :wink:

(In the end, no delay with the API (like other products do) would solve lot of troubles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I would be interested if it is something possible in the future, or if we must learn to live with it)

Hi all - Thanks for raising this concern again, it’s certainly a friction point for a lot of makers. Removing the delay would unfortunately be a major engineering project, as it’s currently baked into our architecture that would be very difficult to remove.

It does seem that while our API has some features for working around the delay, the Make integration doesn’t expose the right data at the moment. I’ll reach out to their team and see if we can improve it to expose request IDs and the get mutation status functionality.

6 Likes

Hello @Eric_Koleda, thank you for your answer.
Adding all the available data (included addedRowIds) would be nice indeed :pray:

In a second phase, if removing the delay is “not impossible”, I would definitely vote on that solution :sweat_smile:
That would make Coda API equivalent to Airtable and Notion ones and would vanish the nightmare it is to deal with data sync (and convince a lot of no-code users to switch from Notion to Coda :wink:).

Thank you :pray:

Hello @Eric_Koleda,
Did you receive news about this topic ?

Regards :pray: