"Attempted to connect to undeclared hostname"

Hello! I am attempting to make a Pack to fetch some data, and I have already added the addNetworkDomain pointing to the website

But I still get that error, something about “at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)”

Was trying to get data from this: Flipside Crypto

And the API provided is this: https://node-api.flipsidecrypto.com/api/v2/queries/91863551-69bb-47d5-8f3a-3a59113d9b91/data/latest

Hi @Shannelle_C - What domain did you use in your addNetworkDomain call? Did you build a new version after adding it?

Hello! I didn’t build a new version, and I tried “flipsidecrypto.com” and “node-api.flipsidecrypto.com

This error is very simple to overcome - you are declaring one domain, and using another. The domain in the call to the API must match the declared domain.

Hmmm, odd. I created this sample Pack that works fine:

import * as coda from "@codahq/packs-sdk";
export const pack = coda.newPack();

pack.addNetworkDomain("flipsidecrypto.com");

pack.addFormula({
  name: "GetData",
  description: "",
  parameters: [
    coda.makeParameter({
      type: coda.ParameterType.String,
      name: "queryId",
      description: "The ID of the Velocity query",
    }),
  ],
  resultType: coda.ValueType.String,
  execute: async function ([queryId], context) {
    if (!queryId) {
      throw new coda.UserVisibleError("Invalid query ID: " + queryId);
    }
    let response = await context.fetcher.fetch({
      method: "GET",
      url: `https://node-api.flipsidecrypto.com/api/v2/queries/${queryId}/data/latest`,
    });
    let data = response.body;
    return data;
  },
});

Using the query ID you original posted fails, but due to the response being too large, not the network domain.

ah! that’s really helpful to know. Let me see what I can do on that end, but all in all, thank you so much for all the help!

Alright, I attempted to make it into something I could turn into a schema. I know my initial setup should be correct, but I think I get errors trying to return things?

Overview: Formula FlipsideData failed: Error at line 43: Cannot read property ‘VOTER’ of undefined

I don’t know if it’s because the things are in all caps? Managed to get a schema working before, and I did note that things needed to be in all caps over in Google Sheets and ImportJSON

execute: async function ([queryId], context) {
    let url = `https://node-api.flipsidecrypto.com/api/v2/queries/${queryId}/data/latest`;

let response = await context.fetcher.fetch({
      method: "GET",
      url: url,
  });

let results = response.body[queryId];

return {
    voter: results.VOTER,
  };

Alright, back from delirious attempts at things, and want to leave a comment if anyone else stumbles

1. First problem is that API has a buncha values, but I’m doing it as formula, which usually delivers a tailored results
  2. let results = response.body[queryId]; was an old piece of code that I copy/pasted. Rusty at this point, and that piece is wrong anyway. Doing let results = response.body[1]; gets the first item
  3. I was still getting errors, and I limited the initial query to 5, and voila, that loaded. All in all, I think this is better as a sync table

Happy to have gotten somewhere! Thanks for all the help everybody

Glad you are making progress!