Automation based on new rows

When creating a trigger-based automation, it’d be great to be able to only have it trigger when a new row is added. In this case, it’s a row that’s adding through Zapier from a form, that should then be triggered.

Is this on the radar and/or is there a workaround for this?

3 Likes

Definitively would love that !

One workaround would be adding a column to indicate if the row is a new row:

NewRow = thisRow.Modified()=thisRow.Created()

Then add a If step to your automation, testing for [Step 1 Result].NewRow.

PS: I tried [Step 1 Result].Created() = [Step 1 Result].Modified() but this always returns true for all rows, new or existing. It seems as the automation creates a buffer row, even though the When rule states that [Step 1 Result] is a reference to the actual row.

1 Like

@Dalmo_Mendonca were you able to get this to work? I have done something similar by creating another helper table that looks at the number of rows without button results, and when a new row pops up it doesn’t have any button results so the button is pressable, it changes the state of the helper column count from 0 to 1 and the automation, which is watching the helper table, is supposed to push the buttons. This would have the effect of ‘automation on new row’ but its not working. When I test the automation it works, but not by itself.

Yeah take a look at this, there’s an automation rule to write some text to Column 2 whenever a new row is created.

Thanks @Dalmo_Mendonca. That wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. I made a new topic: Push button in a newly created row